Saturday 12 November 2011

This Week In School: The Days That Shouldn't Have Been



UPDATE: Yes I'm still a Week behind with this one, I've been a bit lazy recently, still shaking off those leftover after-effects from the Holidays. 


I know what you're thinking, strange title eh? Well I've named it 'The Days That Shouldn't Have Been' because quite simply put, these school days should have never, ever existed (Well that and the fact that I couldn't think of a title to name this one). So here was me thinking we'd have two full Weeks of pure bliss to just revel in our laziness when low and behold I look at my School calendar and it turns out I have to go back on a bloody Thursday! *GRUMBLES* Why couldn't they have just waited til' Monday? That's how it normally is! So I begrudgingly waddled into School last Thursday feeling cheated of two extra days I COULD have spent in Bed.  Anyway, now that I've got that boring explanation off my chest, here is a brief summation of what went on:


French: GOOD NEWS! My comprehension Test that I did before Halloween didn't turn out to be a complete disaster! Somehow I scraped a 7,5/15, which is only half the points but still infinitely better than my previous efforts. Yeah I know it isn't THAT great is it but for me I'm just glad I didn't get a 2/15 like I normally do in these Tests. The Teachers comments at the top of the paper was: 'The work was done seriously, and you have learnt considerably since last time, despite many grammatical errors'  While the Test went better than usual, the three hours we had to endure in this subject was your average French lesson structure: Write for an hour, do a few exercises, then a bit more writing, then a lot of Homework ect... Boring yes, but I'm just happy I got a better Result.  


English: Still keeping with our current topic on climate change, this Week we listened to a radio interview on a fictitious journalist from The Guardian called Paul Brown. He's been their environment correspondent since 1990, and was saying how global warming could have a dramatic effect on our climat (2 billion people without water, New York and London being flooded, desertification...). Basically he made it seem like the events in the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow' are about to happen! Well it wasn't that boring this time I suppose, global warming was an interesting topic to work on.    

S.V.T: It did get a bit complicated this time. The Teacher was explaining all the different ways a boy or a girl could be made using genetics or something? I'm not really sure! It's all about cell division and scientific jargon basically. It's not that I don't understand it, it's just difficult to get your head around it you know? Well I'm most definitely NOT looking forward to the Test now. *PRAYS TO GOD*


German: *SNOOOORE* That is all.


History: ALL HAIL STALIN! This Week was fun, we're looking at Russia's history in the 20's. So far we've done the rivalry between Stalin and Trotski (just before Lenin's death), the communist propaganda during Stalin's reign and the oppressive control he had over his country. All interesting stuff there, but what about my last Test? Well the Test from a few Weeks back scored a 15,5/20, which is slightly disappointing but it was still the highest Result in the Class so I don't feel that bad about it. Why haven't I scored another perfect Result? It was all down the ticking clock, I had to finish the Test before time ran out and as a result rushed through the last paragraph. I mean better to rush it and get a few points than to not do it and get none right? Remember I barely finished the Test in time, so it was the right decision to make. I scored 6/10 on the paragraph, and 9,5/10 on the actual questions, so hands down that's what my shortcoming was. I can't help but think that with an extra five minutes I could have really nailed this one, but oh well. I'm still Top Of The Class (by far, 2nd Result down from me was an 11/20) and 15,5/20 is nothing to be frowned at.  


Technology: To be honest I was expecting really bad things for that dodgy Test last time, but somehow I managed a 22/30 (or in terms a bit more relatable to you guys, a 14,7/20). The Teacher notes: 'You understand what you're doing, but you're not formulating it well enough' So it was exactly the same problem that I prescribed in my last post then. I must admit that Technology isn't shaping up to be the best of things this year, I've only had a 2,5/5 (which was beyond my control) and a 22/30 so far, which is crap considering my previous efforts from last year: First Trimestre 17/20, Second 17/20 and Third 18/20. So I'm still doing well in the subject but statistically it's saying that I've declined since 4eme. The problem is that in order to match my previous year's results I need to get a PERFECT score pretty much every time the Test clock dings, and that's really hard to do now considering the final year has 'amped' things up considerately. I'm under an insane amount of pressure this time, and human error practically dictates that I have to trip up at SOME POINT OR ANOTHER. Either way just know that I'm doing my best here, okay?  


Art: Finally got to see my last artwork back, which scored a 16/20: 


 


Got some of the door's angles wrong, but other than that I think I did well. 


D.V.3: I had to do a page on a job from the 'Techie' industry, so I chose media consult from a long list of boring sounding job names. Pretty boring, and my computer busted half way through so I had to work with another guy who makes everything look ugly presentation-wise. By the way if you're not already aware by now, I take presentation very seriously when it comes to doing diaporama's or other menial tasks over the Internet, and I think I do a better job of handling these sort of things on my own than with another group of people. Especially when you have a time limit to finish this thing and we're both arguing over what colour/font we want the bloody text to be in! 


Science: The Test was first thing in the morning on my first day back from the Holidays, so I haven't got extremely high hopes for it okay? In hindsight I think I might have muddled a few questions up, which can't be good for me considering that I get near flawless Results in Science, but we'll see I guess. I think I might get a 15/20 or something like that, heaven forbid if it's a 14/20! WORST SCIENCE RESULT EVAR!! OR IS IT??? TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO FIND OUT! In other news the Teacher used a 3D program to show us all the different planets in the solar system, which was fun but a bit disconcerting nonetheless, I mean we're in 3eme and we're only NOW starting to learn all the names of the different planet's?  


So that was those 'extra two days' I was moaning about. Test-wise it was a bit disappointing, but I'll be better next time (hopefully). Lesson-wise it was just your average boring School Week, so no change there. Til' next Week then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment