Sunday 29 April 2012

My Report: 2nd Trimester (25th Nov 2011 - 29th Feb 2012)



___________________________________________________________________________________________

French: 10,54/20
Teacher: Mme Thomas
Comments: The results are still 'correct'. The texts keep getting more and more complex and their analysis is getting more and more literary. Don't be discouraged and continue your efforts.   
Class average: 10,58/20
Highest Score In Class: 14,20/20
Lowest Score In Class: 7,36/20
Personal Opinion: I continue to do just fine in French. Again most of my points come from the comprehension and analysis part of Tests. Anything that is grammar based normally fails miserably, and even then there are times when the text becomes a bit difficult to get the jist of, especially when it's written in French from the seventeenth century! 

___________________________________________________________________________________________


History-Geography: 12,70/20
Teacher: Mme Morvan
Comments: The results have gone down but remain correct. You must continue your efforts.
Class Average: 10,24/20
Highest Score In Class: 13,30/20
Lowest Score In Class: 5,30/20
Personal Opinion: Despite only getting an average score, I'm still 0,50 away from being the best in the Class! History remains a frustration because I'm perfect in the questions part of the Test but mediocre in the argumentative paragraph part. An example: questions based on documents 9/10, argumentative paragraph 5/10 ('The idea's are there, but need to be properly developed'). The reason why I keep failing the argumentative paragraphs is because a) I don't have enough time to complete it, b) It's either lacking idea's or too full of them and c) one mistake can set you back quite a bit, and the Teachers notation has become even more strict. So yeah, I still have to find that perfect balance, but I keep on trying. The Teacher does comment that I need to 'continue my efforts' and that's what I'm doing. Anyway in-Class the two subjects remain interesting and engaging.   

___________________________________________________________________________________________

English: 18,72/20
Teacher: Mme Rouxel
Comments: Very good work in all language activity's. Please continue! 
Class Average: 14,58/20
Highest Score In Class: 18,72/20 (me)
Lowest Score In Class: 11,50/20
Personal Opinion: English keeps things interesting, if we're not watching an extract from a film we're looking at Star Wars or creating fictional characters. It's definitely more pop-culture orientated, and it's fun because of it. As for the imperfect score, I did accidentally miss a question in the Les Epreuves Communes Test. A mistake that I accidentally made two months ago has cost me 1,28. God I hate this scoring system, you slip up ONCE and it looks like you came out worse than last time.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________

German: 14,71/20
Teacher: Mme Guillermic 
Comments: Very good work overall. Timothy is very discreet in Class and could win a few points in oral expression Tests.
Class Average: 12,01/20
Highest Score In Class: 17,04/20
Lowest Score In Class: 9,04/20
Personal Opinion: Still good in German for the most part. I do have a few wrong pronunciations in this subject though, so I did lose points for that. I was also penalized for not being more talkative in Class, but you won't see that again in my next report I can assure you. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Maths: 12,80/20
Teacher: Mme Le Merlus
Comments: The results are still correct but have gone down a bit. Timothy must be more careful in written Tests to stop certain mistakes from appearing in the application of exercises.    
Class Average: 12,99/20
Highest Score In Class: 17,73/20
Lowest Score In Class: 8,93/20
Personal Opinion: I've had really good Tests this Trimestre, but really dodgy ones as well (I'm looking at you Epreuves Communes). In the end I've had slightly more 'good' results than 'bad' results. So quality-wise I'm all over the place, but the score would have been higher if I had just finished that Epreuves Communes Test in time! Those nine points have cost me dearly. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

S.V.T: 13,52/20
Teacher: Mme Gandon-Desbois
Comments: Tim has met the expected efforts. You must preserve this score, bravo!!!  
Class Average: 11,70/20
Highest Score In Class: 15,92/20
Lowest Score In Class: 6,88/20
Personal Opinion: Well to be fair I only had two Tests this Trimester and both of them were pretty easy. I did mess up on a surprise Test though, so that's why you're not seeing a higher result. Again you can't really plan for these things, the very nature of a surprise Test is that it's a surprise! 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Science: 16/20
Teacher: M. Begoc
Comments: Very good overall. Continue likewise.  
Class Average: 12,99/20
Highest Score In Class: 16,80/20
Lowest Score In Class: 8,20/20
Personal Opinion: Still my most consistent subject, Science is always in the 15-17/20 area. The Test's are well thought out, and really gives you those extra points just because you bothered revising for two hours the night before.  

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Technology: 13,81/20
Teacher: M. Bastide
Comments: Overall correct thanks to serious work in Class. Written Tests seem a bit more delicate.
Class Average: 14,72/20
Highest Score In Class: 17,13/20
Lowest Score In Class: 11,92/20 
Personal Opinion: I think that the way things are structured in technology now does not suit me one bit. Basically, the work seems harder and the Tests keep getting more and more confusing as they go along (I was truly stumped by the 'Name five exterior elements linked to a toaster', I mean who would put THAT question in a Test??).

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Art: 16,50/20
Teacher: M. Riallin
Comments: Excellent trimester result, the work is one of quality. Felicitations! 
Class Average: 14,04/20 
Highest Score In Class: 16,50/20 (me)
Lowest Score In Class: 10,50/20
Personal Opinion: Art is one of my best subjects because I never seem to be lacking in the idea's department. I've always got that idea that no-one else seems to have and corresponds well with the task at hand. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Music: 13,20/20
Teacher: Mme Jouet
Comments: Very satisfactory trimester but in decline. Positive attitude in Class, good work.
Class Average: 12,15/20
Highest Score In Class: 17,50/20 
Lowest Score In Class: 10/20
Personal Opinion: No written Tests this trimester so I didn't rack up another 19,5/20 to put on wall (written Tests just require a sh*t ton of revision and you're guaranteed 20/20). One Test felt unfair though, because I genuinely did the best I could in the time limit and still was met with a less-than-fantastic score. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sport: 10/20
Teacher: M. Radenac
Comments: The technical skills in basketball and badminton are average. The work is satisfactory in lessons. Timothy must continue his efforts in the 3rd Trimester. 
Class Average: 13,79/20
Highest Score In Class: 17,50/20
Lowest Score In Class: 10/20
Personal Opinion: I'm crap at Sport. END. OF. STORY.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Professional discovery (or D.V.P): 16,17/20
Teacher: M. Bastide
Comments: Very good trimester. A student that is curious and serious in his work. Timothy knows when to take initiative, felicitations.
Class Average: 15,06/20 
Highest Score In Class: 17,33/20
Lowest Score In Class: 10/20
Personal Opinion: As a subject, this doesn't really interest me, but as a quick/sure fire way to grab points that helps boost your overall score it serves it's purpose. 
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall School Life Score (attitude in Class ect…): 20/20 (still the perfect student)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall School opinion on this Trimester: Thanks to work that is both serious and applicable, Timothy maintains a satisfactory level this trimester. He must continue his efforts, mainly in French and participate more to gain an advantage. The school board gives it's encouragements. 


The school board emits a favourable opinion for passage into seconde generale and technologique (Lycee) if the results stay the same in the 3rd trimester. 
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Overall Personal opinion on this Trimester: Still consistent quality-wise, although I could have been better if I just didn't make a few crucial mistakes at crucial circumstances. Still, life is defined by your mistakes and triumphs, and I remain positive if a little bitter. The only thing I can do is try to do better next time, as always.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall Score: 14,45/20 
___________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment