Monday 19 September 2011

This Week In School: Maggots and Pudding







Bit pressed for time this Week (I seem to have got more Homework than usual...) so I'll make it short and sweet by just doing a list of all the different lessons and what I thought of them:


Sport: *SHUDDERS* Sport on Monday was a complete and utter leg breaker, literally. I don't think I've had legs that felt this sore since the Cross-Country race from last year! We started off with Ping-Pong, which was pretty much business as usual. It's very simple: if you lose a match then you go down a table, win a match and you go up another table. Well I started at the Top and by the end of that hour I was all the way down at the bottom! And I STAYED there for the remainder of the time. And that blasted Ping-Pong ball kept zizzing around all over the place, going underneath tables and then being accidentally kicked to the other end of the Sport's hall...it was hell trying to catch that thing, let alone find it. I would find a lot of pleasure just burning an entire factory full of those stupid balls. So then after Ping-Pong we had to jog for 10 minutes without stopping (and I was already pretty sweaty after Ping-Pong), which was MURDER for my legs no doubt because it had been a few months since I had actually used those things (Summer Holidays are for sleeping in, not walking!). Then once I was relieved of (what felt like) an eternity of endless jogging I had to collapse on the floor and do F*CKING press-ups and muscle exercises! HELLO, MY LEGS ARE KILLING ME!!!!!! And then after that we played Football for another 15 minutes! The stamina these people have are quite simply law-breaking,  nobody except me and a few other Frenchies (all of them girls sadly) seemed to be at all worn down, gasping for air or even showing any SIGNS that they were in deep pain! Unbelievable...oh and on Friday's lesson (also Ping-Pong) someone in my Class got out their Sports shoes, gave them a real good shake and I KID YOU NOT like 100 maggots fell out of them! That's right, hidden in one of their shoes was an entire ARMY of wriggling maggots and filth!! WTF? I had never seen anything quite like it to be honest. First of all, how the hell did they get in there and secondly, JESUS CHRIST THEY'RE ALL OVER THE F*CKING FLOOR! I'm surprised the Sports Teacher didn't come in and just blowtorch the place! So yeah, apparently he left it outside one night and one of his sisters found it and put maggots in it or something. Either way it was one of funniest things I'd seen all Week. Now if only my legs weren't about to collapse I'd have probably liked Sport this Week.


History: A most interesting subject this Week: World War 1. The Teacher described (with much detail) what life was like in the trenches for those brave soldiers and just what got Europe into this mess in the first place. One thing I have yet to understand is why it was called a 'World War' because only Europe and (later on) America got into the fight. What about Japan? Australia? Canada? They didn't join the war and yet we seem to call it a 'World War' anyway. Perhaps I'm missing something here? Anyway it has been a most interesting few lessons (full of gory descriptions and the hellish life in the trenches) dampened only by the fact that there's been crap loads of Homework to do. For Monday I even have to write a twenty line essay on what life was like in those times *GRUMBLE* *GRUMBLE*  


Art: I didn't actually do any Art this Week, it was mainly just an hour of the Teacher talking to us about how perspective and the utilization of space will factor in majorly this year. Our first task is to (with a pencil and a piece of paper) represent a 3-D object from two different angles/perspectives. How I'm going to accomplish this I have no idea, and I'm currently out of idea's as what I'm going to draw. I did think about doing a cube or a maybe even a rectangular table but that does seem rather unoriginal. How do you draw in 3D anyway?  


Science: We did an experiment and found out that granny what's-her-name's statues are most definitely NOT made out of bronze. The Teacher then made us write a paragraph on how each metal is different and can combined to make several other metals BLAH BLAH BLAH. We did do some interesting stuff though, like start a new chapter on Atoms and what they're made up of. This lead to a most interesting question posed by the Science Teacher (who was a bit puzzled) about what exactly was an English 'Pudding'. You see one of the first Scientists that studied the Atom was a guy called JJ Thomas if I remember correctly and he was a British guy who compared the structure of an Atom to a 'Pudding'. Of the course the French couldn't comprehend the idea of 'Pudding' so after several attempts from both me and the other English girl in my Class trying to explain  just what this mysterious desert was we eventually gave up. Obviously the French mind does not compute well with English subject matter, which is probably why I'm the only person in my Class that understands anything coming from the English Teachers mouth!    


French: Oh I HATED French this Week! It was all just Homework, Homework, Homework. Oh and two Tests, one of which I fared pretty well in, and another which I'm pretty sure didn't go down ALL that well...weirdly enough the one where I got 6/6 was a Grammar Test, but it was based solely on revision skills and no actual thought was required. Unfortunately I've got another Test coming next Tuesday, so here's hoping that my half-luck keeps up eh? Oh and Wednesday was SUCH A BORE! Pure Grammar for two hours, I'd rather have suffered more Sport than this terrible fate!    


Technology: We had to write a letter to the Communite des Communes requesting for funding and help with our project (which we're inheriting from the 3eme's last year). It's basically going to be a few signposts dotted around the lake identifying all the different species of animals residing there and the different types of trees. What it has to do with Technology I don't know, but apparently we're going to be working side by side with the new Marie and the community. I hope it won't be to hard to accomplish. Making signposts is NOT my thing! 


D.P.3: Well we finished our Diaporama on this mysterious place known as the MFR, which is basically a school for all those who want to do Agriculture (aka farming) as a job. The presentation in front of the Class went well, but when the Teacher posed us questions it kind of all fell apart. I'd say our Team was the best though out of all of them. Hopefully we get a good mark?  


Maths: It was okay for the most part. I think the stuff we did in the first Week was confusing, but I'm really getting the hang of what we're doing now. Or at least I think I am, if that makes any sense? Anyway the Test is on Monday (just like everything else) so here's hoping it goes well. PLEASE GOD LET IT GO WELL!!!! (It went well)


German: Was okay this Week. Mme Philippe has cracked down hard on the people who were being silly during the lessons (see last Week if you're not up to date) and sent them all to detention for 'Criminally Misbehaving'. The few of us who were left enjoyed the serenity of a peaceful Classroom and we just mainly learned stuff like the days of the Week in German. To be honest I liked it when the Class was misbehaving, at least it was something to laugh about after School. As 'criminal' as the German Class is, you can't say you were bored watching them winding the Teacher up. *SIGH* Nobody misbehaves for long when Mme Philippe is the head though... 


S.V.T: *YAWN* Second most boring subject of the Week, apart from French. Mainly looked at how Humans have evolved, and how we are each share distinctive yet share similar traits...just stuff like that which doesn't peak my interest at all. Can we move on? There's nothing to talk about here.


English: I didn't find English boring but it could have been a lot better. We're mainly doing the same thing as last Week (about cliques and all that). Plus my group pulled in a 18/20 Overall Score which was very good (although not up to my standard, next time better be 20/20!). I did most of the work though, unsurprisingly. The Class just seemed a bit bored Overall.


Final Verdict: This Week was okay I suppose. It was tough in some places (Sport, French...) and the endless amounts Homework has become much more of a annoying issue. How I'm going to get through the load for this Monday is anyone's guess (Two Maths Tests, One History Test, S.V.T exercise, French Test...). It wasn't entirely void of humor though, the Maggots and the discussion on 'Pudding' was all very entertaining. Til' Next Week, fellow Readers (gettit?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment