Tuesday 27 September 2011

This Week In School: Praise The Lord!




Last Week was a most tiring Week, and a lot of it had to do with the fact that I'll come home from School, collapse onto bed, sleep for two hours and wake up only to find that I've got another three hours of bloody Homework to do. Whether it's doing an essay on life in the trenches, spending two hours on a Maths Test or revising late into the night just so I can grab another good French Result, I can proudly say that I've worked my ass off this Week, giving it totally 100%. But enough about Homework, how did the individual lessons go? I'm sticking with the template from last Week, because I think it's better to take it lesson by lesson than doing whole days in one never-ending paragraph:


French: God this was the bane of my life last Week, it's just hour after hour of long grammar talks and then pages and pages of rules to learn for a Test the following day. Seriously, every other lesson is a Test that takes at LEAST two hours revision beforehand to grab an excellent Result. Not that I'm any slacker mind, so far my French Test record is spotless, with my lowest score being 7,5/10. The worst day now is by far Wednesday, where for two hours we write down strict grammar rules til' our hands go sore and then at the end the Teacher pretty much says 'Hey, you know of all this stuff you've been writing today? Better know it off by heart tomorrow because guess what? ANOTHER TEST! *CACKLES EVIL-Y' Euuugh, I hate this lesson so much, it keeps forcing me to work hard endlessly. If I'm honest the main bulk of the Homework is always French, it's like it thinks it's the most important lesson or something. Well GO TO HELL FRENCH, YOU MAKE ME FEEL SICK! HAVE YOU NO SHAME?????

Sport: Oh great, another lesson that pushes me to my very limit! Well at least it's only confined to two hours at the start of the Week right? WRONG, because after ten laps of the football field your legs hurt so much that you just want to amputate them the moment you stop jogging. I had to LIMP back to my house on Monday, and by the time Thursday came around it was still difficult to walk without that god-damned aching pain following you around! Yes, just getting out of bed is an effort after Monday because you feel so shattered after Sport. And by the time your legs are healed guess what? IIIII'TS MONDAY AGAIN! HERE THE COMES THAT AWFUL LEG ACHE AGAIN! So basically it's a never ending cycle of pain all Week long, yay. I'm THIS close to locking myself in my Room and not coming out when the day of the annual Cross Country Race arrives, because if this is just a warm up for that then I'm most definitely going to DIE. Guh, you feel so depressed Tuesday morning because it's like the School is punishing you both mentally and physically with all this Homework, endless Tests and bloody Sport. I can really see why 50% of all suicides happen during the middle of the Week, because I'm this close to it myself! AND I'M STILL ONLY AT WEEK THREE!!? I think 3eme is going to kill me you know. I might as well just blow my brains out now. 


History: And yet it's subjects like History that make it worth living. At least for the time being this is a subject were I can relax knowing that there's been a ton of people in this world that have had it worse than me. *PHEW* So what did we study in History last Monday you ask? This: 




Oh, well what a nice painting. I love how the piles of guts just all merge together in a nice heap at the bottom there, very colorful. Clearly the guy that painted this thing, Otto Dix, was a really happy chap. Not at all scarred by his days fighting in World War I then. We also studied French propaganda in the wartime, and how the French brought their kids up on story's of how the French mercifully killed the Germans, for the glory of winning or something. Basically they were trying to brainwash people into thinking that the Germans were evil, when on the other side of the fence the Germans had nothing against the French and just saw killing as a way of defending their country from the allied threat. But if this WAS true, then how come the Germans were first to attack when the war broke out? Anyway History was interesting and was generally not a bad lesson to sit through *AHEM* endure apart from the fact that I got a 6/10 on my essay just for making a few spelling mistakes and featuring a large introduction about the war that ultimately had nothing to do with the subject matter that I was supposed to be writing on. Oh...well there's two hours and a half I spent on Sunday night wasted then. And the Teacher even had the audacity to ask us to rewrite it ALL OVER AGAIN, just because the corrected version she outlined to us was far more 'polished' or whatever. Well okay, but do you have to be so harsh on our work? We're trying REALLY hard here!! And yes, this (although technically being my first Test in the subject this year) is the worst History Test Result I've had in a while, and it will hurt my (hopefully) near perfect score in History for this Trimestre but I'm still warming up remember. Seriously though, 6/10? It's not bad but even for me, ouch


Church: On Tuesday morning we all had to go down to the local Church and do the annual School Year comeback celebration or whatever. Despite going to a Catholic school we don't really ponder a lot on Catholicism, but these ceremony's are Religious to the point of being cheesy! The priest was all like 'Praise Jesus and the Lord!' and he got us all to stand up and do prayers ect... At one point he even said that God was looking down at us and wishing us all well in our Tests BLAH BLAH BLAH. We also had to think about all the people dying in Africa from starvation and then give a passing thought to everyone that's perished in Afghanistan. Each class then had to present a paper dove and we all had to right something nice down on it like 'Respect your Classmates' or some other over-sentimental cripe. And of course they played crappy religious songs over all of this, and by crappy I mean we couldn't hear any lyrics because the Speaker was so bad! So yeah, all in all, it was a boring and over sentimental hour and a half but at least I didn't have to endure Maths because of it.


Maths: You know I think I'm doing really well in Maths for the time being. Sure I find it boring but I'm getting everything right in Class and don't seem to be making any real errors. Alot of it is just learning a simple formula and repeating it again and again til' it's been hard wired into your brain I suppose. Once you learn it it's easy. Still, despite being a 'pro' in Class the first Test (not the Homework Test but another one) didn't really go to what I was expecting. I did it and for the most part it seemed easy-peasy at the time but turns out that in one of the questions I forgot to add a simple number that a) was bleedingly obvious at the time and b) was crucial to getting the question right! It cost me over SIX points! I felt pretty miserable seeing a 8,5/15 Test result when I was SO sure that I'd nabbed at least 12,5/15! And I had got the Maths and History Test Result on the same day as well so I felt pretty rubbish throughout Thursday! *SIGH* It's so crap when a Test you thought you did well in turns out to another mediocre stinker. Add into the fact that in Class I got EVERYTHING right and that makes it even worse!


S.V.T: Not as boring this Week as last time and rather good Overall. It was saved by the fact that we actually got to study something for once: a group of human cells under a microscope:


   
We're now studying the method of 'Cloning' were you take the nucleus out out of a white rat and put it into the cell of a brown rat (without a nucleus) and the resulting baby turns into this weird hybrid of the two. This study lead to the Class asking whether or not we've cloned humans before and more importantly if Justin Bieber (yes he exists in France) is a clone. Props to the Teacher by the way, because she answered all the questions seriously and didn't laugh once. The latter half of the Week was us studying Chromosomes and how just because one kid had an extra Chromosome in his cells he developed a birth defect or whatever. Anyway kinda-interesting-but-not-really-ish stuff from S.V.T this Week.


English: I was a bit bored by English this Week. It's either getting too easy for me or perhaps it's just because it's always on first thing the morning? I don't know, it just fell flat. I miss the old Teacher (who is still around but not with our Class unfortunately), he was always funny. We basically spent two hours on this stupid video clip from an American T.V show called 'Teen Kidz Watch' about a group of underage pop-stars called 'Clique Girlz' and another hour on this depressing song 'Creep' from Radiohead (which featured the word 'so Fucking Special' twice, yeah I counted. Twice). Bit random isn't it? Still at least I had a good time poking fun at how stupid the 'Clique Girlz' were, I mean it literally looked like their life was made up of either shopping or make-up! 


German: Not boring, just passable. The Class is so noisy now that it's getting hard to even hear the Teacher let alone understand what she's saying. Mme Guillermic is one of those nice Teachers that just let's the Class walk all over her, because she hasn't got a sense of authority about her at ALL. Often when she's giving us orders or trying to explain something she just gets trampled on by the dozen OTHER loud conversations going on in the Room. Heck half of us didn't even hear her say 'Test next Thursday' because we barged out of the door the moment the bell rang in sheer ignorance. Well at least they're all going to fail when the Test comes next Thursday! 


Science: Mostly interesting stuff this Week. We've moved on from metals to Atoms and what they're composed of (electrons, positive and negative charges ect...). So far it's all easy and apart from having to learn all these different types of Atoms I should be fine:




Technology: All very business like this Week. And by business like I mean I had to write a letter to the Communite Des Communes asking if a) they could fund our project and b) advertise it and hand out questionnaires for people to fill in. Aided greatly by French spell check and two French advisers (who at least HAVE a sense about what the heck French Grammar is all about) I think we just about did it. The hardest part was actually to do with the presentation of the letter, because it WILL be sent to the Commune and has to look professional and serious.

D.P.3: Now we have to pick a Lycee in an area and do a small brochure on it detailing all the different things you could do, what it would cost to go there ect... My Team chose the one in Ploermel called 'La Touche'. You can check out their Website HERE.  


Art: I've decided to go with the long corridor illusion for my project. I just have to draw it from two different angles, in which case I'll draw one were the doors loom above you like towers and another in which you're looking down on them from above like a forced perspective sort of thing. Having the idea to do it is one thing, but being able to draw it is another thing entirely. How am I going to draw this when the best thing I can sketch is a stick man being held inside a plain see-through box?  



So I think that's all the main subjects covered for this Week. And yes, I did try to keep it short this time, I really did! One thing I would like to note is that I am under a LOT of pressure during School Days now seen as this Year is so important, and don't worry I am trying my hardest to the umpteenth degree, even if my first few Results have hardly been spectacular. And yes Dad, I am going to sleep early (for me anyway) and am revising almost every single night now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment